Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hair and Makeup: Victorias Secret/Louis Vuitton Inspired


I totally felt like a Victorias Secret model yesterday haha! My hair was styled pretty unusually. I usually don't let my hair go completely natural. (If you look back at my first post "How To Shop" you'll see how my hair usually gets when it's natural.)What I did was let my hair air dry almost completely, but there were still some damp strands of hair here and there. I really wanted to go to sleep so I decided to use the blow drier to finish it up. I decided to use the diffuser piece to the blow drier to make it go faster. After it was pretty much dry, I put it into a loose-ish bun on the top of my head and went to sleep. In the morning it turned out like that ^ I was pretty excited because it looked like the models hair!

For the make-up I got inspired by Louis Vuitton (thank you to Sea Of Shoes!). I saw this post on Sea Of Shoes called "Pretty Princesses" with the Louis Vuitton Spring fashion show hair and makeup look. I fell in love! It is so natural looking and fresh. They really do look like princesses! 


I thought it was a good mix of inspiration for the look. It's a sexy hair look but then a soft makeup which tones it down and you have an even balance of styles. 

To achieve this look I used:
Face::
Clinique Redness Solutions (applied on red spots after washing face)
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer OIL FREE (applied after redness solutions)
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer (applied on blemishes after moisturizer)
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (a setting powder applied only where concealer is)
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (applied on temples, cupids bow, and bridge of nose) 

Eyes::
Mace Eyeshadow in "Bisque" (applied on upper eyelid and a little on the bottom waterline)
Mac Eye Liner in "Ebony" (thick line on upper eyelid above waterline into a cat flick, little dots along the bottom of bottom waterline)
Lash Blast Mascara Waterproof (Lot's and Lot's of coats and coats of mascara on the top lashes; mostly towards the outside lashes. Then apply quite a bit to bottom lashes.)
*I don't recommend waterproof mascara for everyday use, I would use it for special occasions only*

***I will make a video on how to do this correctly soon!***



No comments:

Post a Comment